Memorial Scholarships Updated: Apr 5, 2022
The City of Santa Fe Springs’ Memorial Scholarships Program was established in the memory of three former and beloved members of the City Council that believed that higher education was the path for success and leadership. The scholarships are presented to six recipients with an award of $1,750 each to assist them in realizing their college goals.
The applicants for the Scholarships must meet the minimum eligibility criteria:
1. Must be a resident of Santa Fe Springs
2. Be a senior currently attending Santa Fe, St. Paul, or Pioneer High School.
3. Provide proof of application to or acceptance from college(s).
4. Include a cover letter, written by applicant. with application.
5. Proof of good moral character, citizenship, and ethics via a reference letter from a counselor, teacher, businessperson, or professional.
6. Cumulative GPA of 3.0 for the four years of high school. You must submit unofficial transcript of high school grades with application.
7. Outstanding service to school (i.e., ASB, Clubs, AVID, Earth, Key) and community (i.e. volunteer work with non-profit organizations).
The City is currently accepting applications for the Memorial Scholarships Program. Students must be residents of Santa Fe Springs and meet other eligibility criteria. Interested students can download a .PDF version of the Scholarship criteria and application by clicking on the links to the corresponding Memorial Scholarship below.
Armando Mora Memorial Scholastic Scholarship
This award is presented to two recipients who demonstrate outstanding service to their school and community. Applicants must attend Santa Fe High School, Pioneer High School, or St. Paul High School.
Lorenzo Sandoval Memorial Athletic Scholarship
This award is presented to two seniors attending Santa Fe High School who have participated in athletics for at least three years demonstrating outstanding leadership qualities.
Albert L. Sharp Memorial Scholarship
This award recognizes two seniors attending Santa Fe High School who have lettered in a varsity team sport and demonstrated service to their school.