Norwalk Transit System Policy Changes
- No paper Transfers will be accepted (i.e. Inter-Agency, Local and Emergency) with the exception of Inter-Agency transfers between NTS to Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA).
- Transfers may be paid for with TAP Card ONLY, with the exception of OCTA as noted above.
- TAP Card transfers are paid for on the 2nd boarding of bus instead of on 1st bus.
- TAP Card transfer time period of 2.5 hours between 1st and 2nd boarding.
- One TAP transfer per paid fare.
- NTS will no longer accept Metro tokens; effective November, 2019.
- Fareboxes allow passengers to add cash on TAP cards on-board bus.
These changes became effective on Sunday, July 15, 2018 (with the exception regarding tokens noted above); however, NTS will begin enforcing the new fare media policy Sunday, September 15, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact (562) 929-5550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.