Animal Control Services is an integral part of the Department of Police Services. The City's licensing program along with the Southeast Area Animal Control Authority (SEAACA) are committed to protecting people and animals, and promoting humane animal care and treatment. This is accomplished through both education and enforcement. To request service or to report an animal related issue or concern, you may contact SEAACA by phone at (562) 803-3301 or in person, at 9777 Seaaca Street, Downey, Ca. 90241. Additionally, the Department of Police Services manages animal licensing year-round.
All Dogs must be licensed yearly. Licenses are available at the Police Services Center, 11576 Telegraph Road, Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., closed alternate Fridays. The process for licensing your pet(s) is:
• You must show proof of current rabies vaccination (vaccinations must be valid through the entire licensing period July 1 to June 30).
• The cost of licensing your pet is $45.00 if your dog is not spayed or neutered.
• If your dog is in fact spayed or neutered, a sterility certificate is required for the reduced price of $23.
• If your dog is spayed or neutered and you are a senior citizen (62+ with proof of identification) the cost is $8.00.
• If your dog license has not been renewed by the corresponding deadline, you will be in violation and incur a late fee and risk receiving a citation.