Photo Contest Flyer (Click Here)
About the Contest
To help celebrate the month of October as National Community Planning Month, the Planning Department is hosting our 3rd Annual Citywide Photo Contest. For the 2020 contest, photographers are asked to submit a photo showcasing their favorite place or location within the City.
Entries are due on October 31, 2020. We expect to announce the winners by mid November.
We are looking for your perspective on places in Santa Fe Springs. We encourage images that depict the vibrancy, vitality, and livability of our City as well as images with people in them, either from afar or close up.
- The photo must be taken within the city limits of Santa Fe Springs.
- Each participant may only enter one photo.
- The photo must not have been previously published. A photo originally posted to Instagram may be submitted.
- Entries must be suitable for display on a public website.
- We prefer, but do not require, the photo to be high resolution, for instance 300 dpi and/or at least 3 MB.
- We prefer, but do not require, the photo to be vertical rather than horizontal. This would reduce alterations needed to be featured on a City's Quarterly.
- You must submit the contest Submission Agreement. To submit, sign, scan, and upload to the contest email address.
- If the photo was taken in a public place, such as a park or on the street, there is no need for a photo release of identifiable people. However, if the photo was taken in a private location you must provide a Photo Release for each identifiable person in the photograph. To submit, sign, scan, and upload to the contest email address.
- The photographer retains the copyright to his or her work. All entered photographs may be used, with credit, as content on the City’s website or in other non-commercial ways to promote Santa Fe Springs.
- By entering this contest you agree to comply with the above rules.
The Grand Prize photo will receive a $100 prize. The judged winner will receive recognition at a City Council Meeting, be featured on the City’s social media channels, will be posted in a gallery on the City’s website, and will be featured on the cover of an upcoming City Quarterly. The winners will be selected by the Planning Commission.
How to Enter
- Entries must be submitted digitally to SFSPhotoContest@gmail.com.
- Photographs must be submitted as JPGs.
- Within the email it must state
- Full Name
- Contact number
- If you Live, Work, or Study in the city.
- You must submit the Submission Agreement and Photo Release (if necessary) to be considered.
- There is no entry fee.
If you have any questions, please contact the Planning Department at (562)409-7550.