The Human Resources Office is responsible for the following:
- Recruitment, testing and selection of all full-time and part-time City employees
- Mandated employee training required by law
- Administration of the employee benefit programs including: Medical, dental and life insurance, and other employee incentive programs such as: physical fitness, educational incentives, etc.
- Administration of the City's workers compensation program
- Employee-employer relations including contract negotiations
- Special events for employees: such as employee service recognition awards and innovation awards.