As our daily lives are filled with more indoor time, there are many ways to stay healthy and active, both physically and mentally. Please note that the City of Santa Fe Springs does not endorse, collect payment on behalf of, or receive funds to advertise any of the third party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.
Visit this page often or follow us on Instagram or Facebook for new updates and ideas to keep you and your loved ones healthy, entertained and informed.
Here are a few ideas for staying active indoors (Disclaimer: Individuals should consult their physician before starting any exercise program or changing their diet to limit risks of injury).
For All Ages
- Take a Virtual Fitness Class - There are plenty of FREE options online. Here are just a few:
For the Kids
- Fitness Blender for Kids - Free fitness videos.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - Kid friendly videos.
- Little Twisters Yoga - Free at-home kids yoga lesson plans.
- 87 Energy-Busting Indoor Games & Activities
- Old School Recess Games - It's recess time! The school playgrounds may be closed but you and your kids can still play these old-school recess games.
- Fluency and Fitness - Educational brain breaks to help students review essential literacy and math skills, while getting in some exercise. Find over 900 videos to help your child keep learning at home and burn off some extra energy. Our site is best used for ages 4-8.
- Go Noodle - Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts.
- Kid-friendly Workouts — Choose from Strength for Kids, Agility for Kids, Flexibility and Balance for Kids, Warm-Up for Kids, Cool-down for Kids, Stand Up and Move for Kids, OR create your own custom kid workout.
- The OT Tool Box - At home OT, PT, and ST resources designed to build skills in children through movement and play.
Did you know that the current "Safer at Home" order allows for individuals to "engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with the social distancing requirements…such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking and running." Here are a few ideas:
- Visit one of our local parks - Our parks are free and still open to the public. However, the park restrooms are closed.
- Visit a nearby hiking trail.
- Head to the beach.
- Walk/run around your neighborhood and say hi (from a distance) to all of your neighbors who are getting outside too.
- Go for a drive or ride your bike.
Town Center Hall 11740 Telegraph Road, Santa Fe Springs, California 90670
Phone Number: (562) 863 - 4896 Facility closed major holidays.
COVID-19 Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.