Commission & Committee Facts Updated: Apr 5, 2022
City Council - Commissions & Committees
The City Council is looking for civic-minded resident volunteers who are willing to serve on the various City Commissions and Committees. Committee service provides an opportunity for residents to participate in City affairs, provide input on policy decisions, and work with fellow citizens and City staff in shaping the future of Santa Fe Springs.
Commission and Committee Facts
- All applications are maintained on file for six months.
- As vacancies occur on the various commissions/committees, the applicants are considered for appointment by the Council.
- Unless otherwise noted, committee members do not receive compensation for serving.
- City elected officials may not serve on the Planning and/or Traffic Commission.
- A Committee member may not serve on more than three committees or commissions, or any combination of each, at any given time.
- Commissioners receive compensation of $50 per meeting for up to two meetings per month. Attendance is mandatory for payment.
If you would like to be considered for a City Commission or Committee, you may complete an application and return it to the City Clerk’s Office. If you are selected to serve on a Committee or Commission, you will receive a Letter of Appointment in the mail. Any questions you have may be directed to the City Clerk or by calling (562) 868-0511, ext. 7314.