The City of Santa Fe Springs’ Memorial Scholarships Program, now in its 32st year, was established in the memory of three former and beloved members of the City Council that believed that higher education was the path for success and leadership. The scholarships are presented to six recipients with an award of $1,750 each to assist them in realizing their college goals.
The applicants for the Scholarships must meet the minimum eligibility criteria:
1. Be a resident of Santa Fe Springs
2. Be a High School Senior (attending Santa Fe, St. Paul, or Pioneer High Schools).
3. Demonstrate potential success in college by a maintaining a 3.0 GPA or greater.
4. Provide a letter of reference attesting to the good moral character and ethics of the applicant.
5. Provide a letter(s) of acceptance to college(s) or university(ies) of their choice.
The City will begin accepting scholarship applications beginning on Wednesday, February 1st. Interested students can download a .PDF version of the Scholarship criteria and application by clicking on the links to the corresponding Memorial Scholarship below.
The deadline to turn in applications to City Hall-City Manager's Office is Thursday, March 23, 2017.
Armando Mora Memorial Scholastic Scholarship
This award is presented to two recipients who demonstrate outstanding service to their school and community. Applicants must attend Santa Fe High School, Pioneer High School, or St. Paul High School.
Lorenzo Sandoval Memorial Athletic Scholarship
This award is presented to two seniors attending Santa Fe High School who have participated in athletics for at least three years demonstrating outstanding leadership qualities.
Albert L. Sharp Memorial Scholarship
This award recognizes two seniors attending Santa Fe High School who have lettered in a varsity team sport and demonstrated service to their school.